Healthy Homemade Dog Food Ingredients
According to WEBMD your dog needs protein from animal meat, seafood, dairy, and eggs. They need fat from meat or oil and carbohydrates from grains or vegetables. In addition, essential fatty acids from plant oils, egg yolks, oatmeal, and other foods. The question is in what amounts? After much research, we created a recipe that our dogs love they are healthy, have tons of energy, and their coats and eyes shine!
- From the Cutting Board.
- Joanies Ancient Food Processor!
- Finished Dog Food!
- Ready For Freezing!
The listed ingredients are used most of the time. Fresh meats like lean ground beef, ground turkey, and chicken gizzards provide a heavy dose of protein. Tuna, salmon, or sardines are always used. The eggs also add protein and essential oils. There are fruits and vegetables in the mix and even rice for digestion, although no wheat grains or sugars! Our homemade dog food is human grade. The main point is we know and control what goes into their food!
Encourages Healthy Skin And Fur Coat
Golden retrievers are known to develop complications associated with their skin and fur coat. Without proper care, the quality of the fur and health of the skin can deteriorate significantly. The Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy Food addresses this concern by ensuring the skin and fur of your puppy is well cared for. Borage oil, one of the foodâs ingredients, helps to maintain this balance to a large extent.
Golden Retriever Puppy Dry Dog Food
GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPY is designed exclusively for purebred Golden Retriever puppies from 8 weeks to 15 months.
- The benefits
The Golden Retriever has a straight muzzle and teeth that meet in a scissors bite. The kibble size, shape and texture of the GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPY formula is designed specifically for this breed and encourages him to chew.
As your puppy grows, he will experience big changes and new discoveries. During this key period, the puppys immune system develops gradually. GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPY helps support your puppys natural defenses with an exclusive complex of antioxidants including vitamin E.
Coat condition is a reflection of the dogs state of health and overall well-being. GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPY helps support the skins role as a barrier with an exclusive complex of nutrients, including EPA and DHA, and helps maintain skin and coat health.
Formulated with high quality protein and prebiotics to support digestive health and a balanced intestinal flora, contributing to optimal stool quality. *Protein selected for its very high digestibility.
100% Complete and Balanced Nutrition
- Product description
- GOLDEN RETRIEVER PUPPY supports optimal development of the immune system, bones and joints, skin and coat, and gastrointestinal system, while the customized kibble encourages chewing to satisfy appetite and improve digestion.
Recommended Reading: How Long Do English Cream Golden Retrievers Live
Is Royal Canin Good For Golden Retriever
Golden retrievers can find high-performance food from the Royal Canin Group just because they are pure breed dogs. In addition to making the skin more skin-friendly and maintaining its long, golden hair, exclusive nutrients help reinforce the skin barrier. It supports heart health to eat essential nutrients such as taurine, EPA, and DHA.
Royal Canin Poodle Adult Breed Specific Dry Dog Food 10 Lb Bag
- Royal Canin Poodle Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Poodles 10 months and older
- Exclusive kibble design helps Poodles easily pick up and chew their food
- Helps maintain a Poodles coat health with EPA and DHA fatty acids from fish oil and precise protein levels to support continuously growing hair
- Supports a Poodles strong build with precise protein content to maintain muscle tone
- An exclusive blend of nutrients supports vitality and healthy aging during their long life span
Don’t Miss: Best Harness For Golden Retriever
Royal Canin Dachshund Adult Breed Specific Dry Dog Food 10 Lb Bag
- Royal Canin Dachshund Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Dachshunds 10 months and older
- Exclusive tailor-made kibble to help Dachshunds pick up and chew their food
- Maintains bone & joint health with calcium and phosphorus to help support tiny limbs and a long backbone
- Supports a Dachshunds muscle tone with precise protein content and L-carnitine
- Helps reduce stool volume and stool odor with highly digestible proteins and precise fiber content
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Keep your dog healthy and fit with this easy peasy homemade recipe its cheaper than store-bought and chockfull of fresh veggies!
I never thought I would be one of those dog owners who made homemade human food for their pups. Not in a million years.
But when Butters recently fell sick with an upset stomach, our vet advised us to feed him a bland diet chicken and rice without any kind of seasoning. So thats what we did we poached a chicken, shredded it in a food processor, and mixed in some white rice and fed him this bland diet for 3 days.
Thats when I started to do some research on homemade dog food, and I have been so amazed as to how many different kinds of vegetables dogs can have. And with the help of Balance IT, you can create so many different recipes for your pup!
Now the best part about making homemade dog food just like making anything at home is that you know exactly what is going into the dog bowl, and not any of that questionable gelatinous gunk from the canned food.
But its important to note that dogs have different nutrient requirements than humans for their proportional body size, such as:
Now this recipe here has a balance of 50% protein, 25% veggies and 25% grains, but the ratios can easily be adjusted to suit your pups breed and/or needs.
Read Also: Golden Retriever Temperature Tolerance
Royal Canin Golden Retriever Dog Food
Appetite satisfying, low-density kibble shaped for Golden Retrievers
Healthier skin and a beautiful wavy coat
EPA and DHA supports a stronger and healthier heart
Promotes a keen and alert mind
Available in 30 lb. bag
Royal Canin Golden Retriever Dog Food is specially formulated with the breed-specific needs of your Golden Retriever in mind.
- Appetite satisfying, low-density kibble – Kibble is designed to reduce the amount of calories consumed and to satisfy the appetite by increasing the volume of food. Its texture, size, shape and density help fight plaque & tartar for healthy teeth and gums
- Healthier skin and a beautiful wavy coat – Golden Retrievers are prone to skin irritations such as “hot spots”. This formula promotes skin & coat health with a unique blend of vitamins & amino acids, methionine, cysteine and omega 6
- A stronger and healthier heart – Golden Retrievers are at risk for developing an enlarged heart. This diet promotes heart health with taurine, L-carnitine and arginine. Lycopene, green tea polyphenols and vitamins E & C protect the heart cells
- A keen and alert mind – Golden Retrievers are quick learners and sharp minded. This food fights free radicals that attack brain cells with an antioxidant complex of vitamins E & C, lutein and taurine
Suitable for Golden Retrievers 15 months and older
Healthy Skin And Coat
The dense, water-resistant undercoat of the Golden Retriever stores heat and retains humidity making them prone to skin problems. Thats why the ROYAL CANIN® Golden Retriever food is enriched with omega 3 fatty acids EPA& DHA and omega 6 fatty acids in borage oil to help support the skins barrier role and coat vitality.
Don’t Miss: Golden Retriever Drawing Simple
Healthy Homemade Dog Food
Our Tasty Low Carb family not only consists of Joanie and Chris, but also two Havanese Sisters Lulu and Kiki! If you have pets you know how they become part of the family and an integral part of your life. Our dogs are dependent upon us for virtually everything in return they offer unconditional love and lots of fun. For that reason, we only make them Healthy Homemade Dog Food! We use only the best ingredients with no fillers or added sugars or spices. We also make all of their dog treats at home. Their food is very low carb!
Our furry family members are Chocolate Havanese. Often called silk dogs, most in this breed are white with brown or black markings. Some are brindle in color. Lulu and Kiki are each about 9 1/2 pounds in weight, although they look heavier with all their fur. They do require frequent brushing, but they are hypoallergenic and they do not shed. As you can tell, they are very much a part of our low-carb family you do get attached to your pets!
Golden Retriever Adult Dry Dog Food
GOLDEN RETRIEVER ADULT is designed exclusively for purebred Golden Retrievers over 15 months.
- The benefits
The Golden Retriever has a straight muzzle and teeth that meet in a scissors bite. The kibble size, shape and texture of the GOLDEN RETRIEVER ADULT formula is designed specifically for this breed and encourages him to chew.
The skin and coat reflect the dogs state of health. An appropriate food is important in maintaining healthy skin and coat. The GOLDEN RETRIEVER ADULT formula helps support the skins role as a barrier with an exclusive complex of nutrients and helps maintain skin and coat health .
Golden Retrievers can be prone to cardiac sensitivity. The GOLDEN RETRIEVER ADULT formula contains specific nutrients to help support healthy cardiac function: taurine, EPA and DHA.
Excess weight gain can affect the health of Golden Retrievers, and therefore an appropriately balanced food is necessary for their well-being. GOLDEN RETRIEVER ADULT helps maintain the breeds ideal weight with an appropriate calorie and fat content.
100% Complete and Balanced Nutrition
- Product description
- Golden Retrievers are well-known for their happy personalities and luxurious coats. With targeted nutrients, GOLDEN RETRIEVER ADULT helps to promote an ideal body condition and strengthen skin, while the tailored kibble helps satisfy appetite.
Recommended Reading: What Size Collar For Golden Retriever Puppy
Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy Food Review
This food is specifically formulated to cater to all round dietary needs of Golden Retriever puppies. The Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy Food is a premium food that is highly recommended by professionals and dog owners alike.
Golden Retrievers are easily one of the most beautiful dog breeds in the world. They spot golden fur that grows to be long and luscious, and it is the main reason behind their name. Golden Retriever puppies sport loads of energy and playfulness. Without this activity, they easily become obese, especially where they are fed highly nutritious foods. As with most other puppies from different breeds, Golden Retriever pups develop their immunity as they grow, and a healthy diet makes for a significant percentage of good immunity gain.
The Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy Food is essentially made to provide all round support for the general health and remarkable growth of a Golden Retriever Puppy. We especially like that this food contains everything a puppy could need where diet is concerned, eliminating the need for you to buy different supplements. This article gives a detailed review of the Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy Food.
Royal Canin German Shepherd Adult Breed Specific Dry Dog Food 30 Lb Bag
- Royal Canin German Shepherd Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred German Shepherds 15 months and older
- Exclusive kibble shape designed specifically for a German Shepherds long, strong muzzle to encourage chewing
- Aids digestive health with highly digestible proteins and specific fibers to promote optimal stool quality
- Supports healthy skin and coat with EPA and DHA from fish oil and reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients
- Maintains bone & joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin to support large, strong bodies
Read Also: Golden Retriever Labrador Mix Puppies
Do Not Rush On Choosing Retriever Adult Breed Specific Dry Product To Buy
Choosing a retriever adult breed specific dry product can be overwhelming. There are so many options and you dont want to waste your money on something that wont meet your needs or expectations. You should also know what other people have said about the retriever adult breed specific dry product, if possible. If youre still unsure of which one would work best for you after reading reviews or checking out different products online, consider visiting an actual store instead of buying online so that you can get hands-on experience with each item before making a decision.
Having a retriever adult breed specific dry product that is best suited for your needs can be a difficult task. There are many factors to take into consideration, and you dont want to end up with something that doesnt work or isnt right for you. The first step of choosing the perfect product is knowing what exactly it is you need before going out and buying one. This will help eliminate some of the guesswork as well as cut down on wasted money by not purchasing a retriever adult breed specific dry item that ends up being useless to you.
Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy
Suitable for Puppy, ROYAL CANIN® Golden Retriever Puppy is specially formulated with all the nutritional needs of your adult dog in mind. ROYAL CANIN® Golden Retriever Puppy contains omega-3 fatty acids, including EPA and DHA, and borage oil. These nutrients all help to support a healthy skin barrier function which in turn contributes to the healthy appearance of your dogs coat. Thanks mainly to the combination of fatty acids and an enrichment of taurine, ROYAL CANIN® Golden Retriever Puppy also helps to support your dogs healthy cardiac function. ROYAL CANIN® Golden Retriever Puppy has an adapted calorie content meaning it also helps to maintain your Golden Retrievers ideal weight. Whats more, the kibble in ROYAL CANIN® Golden Retriever Puppy is tailor-made exclusively for the Golden Retriever. The shape and size of the kibble is specially adapted to suit the preferences of this particular breed of dog.
Don’t Miss: Golden Retriever Grooming How Often
The Type Of Retriever Adult Breed Specific Dry Product After
A good general rule is that if your initial purchase was covered by warranty, then the company will provide free replacement parts for at least a year but often indefinitely depending on their policies and procedures as well as how quickly they respond in emergencies.
After you buy a retriever adult breed specific dry product, its important that the company has an after-sale service. This could be anything from review videos or instructions on how to use your new purchase and get started with their features as soon as possible!
The most important thing to do after buying a retriever adult breed specific dry product is to make sure you have the right service. Its essential for any consumer of theirs, especially if theyre looking into getting their hands on an expensive item or just starting out with something new.
Make certain this company provides what it says and more so that when your purchase arrives there will be no worries. The basic after-sale service includes: customer care 24/7 by phone email response within 1 business day
How Should You Go About Feeding Your Puppy
Even though this food is made for puppies, the quantity of food dispensed is dependent on the puppyâs growth stage and health needs.
Before getting about feeding the little canine, ensure that you are certain of its age and that it is in the right state of health. You may have to increase or decrease the recommended rations depending on an array of health factors such as obesity and anemia among others. The below table gives a detailed breakdown on how to feed your puppy.
Don’t Miss: Golden Retriever Rescue St Louis
Does Bensons Sell Royal Canin Dog Food For Golden Retrievers
This Golden Retriever Adult product is specially formulated for dogs over 15 months old and helps meet their nutritional needs. A golden retriever that has been identified by the Royal Canin organization is Royal Canin Golden Adult, which contains omega-3 fatty acids, including omega-3 fatty acids.
Working Towards A Sustainable Future
Our belief that pets make our world better inspires and gives life to our purpose of making a better A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
- Composition: Dehydrated poultry protein, maize, rice, wheat, hydrolysed animal proteins, animal fats, vegetable protein isolate*, vegetable fibres, beet pulp, fish oil, soya oil, dehydrated tomato, minerals, fructo-oligo-saccharides, psyllium husks and seeds, hydrolysed crustaceans , borage oil , marigold extract , hydrolysed cartilage .Additives : Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 32000 IU, Vitamin D3: 900 IU, E1 : 45 mg, E2 : 4.5 mg, E4 : 14 mg, E5 : 59 mg, E6 : 138 mg, E8 : 0.1 mg – Technological additives: Clinoptilolite of sedimentary origin: 10 g – Sensory additives: tea extract : 150 mg – Preservatives – Antioxidants.Analytical Constituents: Protein: 25.0% – Fat content: 13.0% – Crude ash: 6.0% – Crude fibres: 3.8% – Per kg: EPA/DHA: 0.41 g – Taurine : 0.17 g. *L.I.P.: Protein selected for its very high digestibility.For RSA: Guaranteed analysis g/kg: Crude protein 230 – Moisture 110 – Crude fat 110 – Crude fibre 48 – Crude ash 66.
- Feeding Guide
Read Also: Whiskey Creek Goldens
Find The Best Retailer To Get The Best Retriever Adult Breed Specific Dry Products
Retailers may vary in price, quality, and reliability it is up to the customer which factors they prioritize when making their decision.
It can be difficult because there are so many retailers and each one has different prices and offers different types of retriever adult breed specific dry products. The best way for customers to find the perfect retailer is to evaluate what factors matter most for them before narrowing down their choices.
If youre looking for the cheapest retailer to buy retriever adult breed specific dry products, we recommend that you do your research first. Price isnt everything! But you should get the best value product for your money!