New York State Retriever Rescue
The New York State Retriever Rescue is located in Bayport New York and is made up from a group of dedicated volunteers who are committed to finding forever homes for their golden retrievers. This organization is always looking for more volunteers and loving foster homes, so dont hesitate to see if you can help in any way.
This organization has a list of available adoptable dogs on their site and you just need to fill out an adoption application if you are interested in adoption. Once the staff reviews your application, they will contact you to set up a home visit. The rescues main goal is to find forever homes for their goldens and ensure the prospective new owners understand the dogs needs.
Like all other non-profit rescue organizations, the New York State Retriever Rescue has set adoption fees. An adoption fee for dogs aged eight and older is $250 while adoption fees for dogs younger than eight years old come at $450. If you are looking to adopt a golden retriever puppy, expect to pay a fee of $525 for golden retriever pups that are up to one-year-old.
All golden retrievers that come in New York State Retriever Rescue are evaluated and taken to their vets for a complete health exam. Before leaving for their forever home, all dogs receive the necessary shots and have fecal and heartworm tests.
About Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue Inc
The Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc., located in Plainview, New York is an Animal Shelter that provides temporary housing and care for stray, unwanted, and owner-relinquished animals including dogs and cats in Nassau County. A wide range of additional services may also be offered by the Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc..
You may contact Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc. for questions about:
- Finding lost cats and dogs in Plainview, NY
- Adopting cats and dogs
Why Adopt A Golden Retriever From A Rescue
While there are many breeders out there creating amazing little golden retriever puppies out there for you to buy, there are also hundreds of thousands of golden retrievers across the country that need adopting. This is for a variety of reasons.
- First, Goldens are very popular pets, so there are unethical breeders out there creating puppies for which they cant find homes.
- Second, many people adopt a gorgeous little pup, only to realize that they grow into a big, shedding dog that requires lots of care and attention. They decide that they simply dont want them anymore.
- Many loving pet owners need to give up their pets due to a family member who has allergies, moving to a place that doesnt allow animals, moving abroad, or other unavoidable circumstances.
- Sadly, there are also people who die and leave their pets behind with no-one to care for them, or they simply abandon them.
These are the golden retrievers that find themselves in rescue centers, waiting for new homes.
OUR EXPERIENCE: We had friends buy a Golden Retriever with all the best intentions. Unfortunately, they learned that owning a Golden Retriever did not fit their lifestyle and ended up putting their dog up for adoption.
Golden Retriever Rescues By State
Are you looking for a Golden Retriever rescue near you? Youve come to the right place. Well help you find the closest Golden Retriever rescues so you can adopt a Golden of your own. Or maybe youre trying to find a rescue to send a Golden Retriever to. Either way, these rescues are there for you. If your area doesnt have any Golden Retriever rescues, you may need to look at nearby states.
Below, we break down all the Golden Retriever rescues in the US, state by state. Some states dont have any Golden Retriever rescues. Fortunately, some of the Golden Retriever rescues listed cover areas of more than one state.
Tips For Caring For Rescue Dogs
You might want to take a look at our new puppy checklist before bringing home your new puppy. While our list focuses on puppies youll find a lot of items youll also need for a rescue dog.
Unlike brand new pups adopted from responsible breeders, rescue dogs often come with behaviors and habits from their previous homes that may or may not be suitable for their new home with you.
There are a few things you can do to make your dog feel comfortable in your home quickly and start learning new house rules without delay.
Golden retrievers in particular are very intelligent pups and should have no problem adapting if you do a few smart things.
- Dogs, like children, thrive on regularity, so create a schedule for them. Establish regular eating and exercise times, so they learn to know what to expect.
- Reward your dog for correct behavior by treating them with food or play. Dont yell or punish. Your dog can develop a negative reaction to this, especially if they have been punished by previous owners.
- Make sure everyone in the house is giving the same commands and following the same rules. It can be confusing for dogs when people use different commands for the same behavior, or when different behavior is acceptable with different members of the household.
- If they are not house trained, have them sleep in a crate, but not alone. It is better to place the crate in someones room. They can stop sleeping in the crate when they can consistently hold it the whole night.
Also Check: Best Golden Retriever Breeders In The Northeast
Golden Retriever Rescues In New York
Looking to rescue a Golden Retriever?
Youve come to the right place!
In this post, youll see a list of the best Golden Retriever rescues in and around New York.
But since theyre so popular, they can be hard to find!
So youll also learn 3 bonus ways to find a rescue Golden .
And then, at the end, youll get our best tips to help you prepare and care for your pup when you bring them home.
Check it out below!
Are Golden Retrievers Expensive To Maintain
Golden retrievers can be relatively expensive to maintain, mostly because they are large dogs and, therefore, generally need to eat a fair amount.
They can also have steep medical bills when they get older as they are prone to a few medical conditions, such as joint issues and cataracts. You should probably expect to spend at least $1,000 a year maintaining a golden retriever.
You May Like: Golden Retriever Sketch Easy
Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue Inc In Islip New York
|Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue Inc|
|Employer Identification Number|
|Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue Inc|
|In Care of Name|
|28 Richmond St, Islip, NY 11751-2015|
|Contributions are deductible|
|Foundation||Organization that normally receives no more than one third of its support from gross investment income and unrelated business income and at the same time more than one third of its support from contributions, fees, and gross receipts related to exempt purposes|
Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale Long Island New York
Golden Retrievers are amazing family dogs. Golden puppies are a large breed that usually stay between 65 & 90 lbs. Owning a Golden Retriever is a lot of fun. Golden Retriever pups are extremely intelligent. A Golden Retriever pup is a great pet. Golden Retriever puppies are playful puppies that love running around with children as well as pleasing their master. Goldens are pups that really love people. Golden Retriever puppies have outgoing personalities. Come to Shake-A-Paw for an amazing Golden Retriever puppy! Wherever you live, whether its Nassau or Suffolk County, Queens or Manhattan, Shake A Paw wants to bring you and one of our loveable puppies together. We have two locations on Long Island in Hicksville and Lynbrook, both conveniently located off major highways and roads and near LIRR train stations. So while the experience of owning a new puppy will be an adventure, getting to a Shake A Paw near you wont be. Our families visit us from all over Long Island and the five boroughs, including Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan. For questions from home, Shake A Paw consultants and experts are available to answer questions and offer advice over the phone, seven days a week. View all of our available Golden Retriever puppies at either one of our two Shake A Paw locations.
Visit Shake A Paw and let us unite your family with one of our very special puppies today Puppies for Sale in Long Island, New York Nassau and Suffolk County.
You May Like: Best Golden Retriever Breeders California
What To Expect From Golden Retriever Rescue Centers
When you head to a golden retriever rescue center, expect to find a range of dogs that are identifiable as golden retrievers or golden retriever mixed breeds.
They will range in age from puppies to mature dogs and will have different levels of training and socialization.
The rescue center will provide the dogs with medical care, shelter, and training, and at the same time, look for suitable homes for each dog.
Expect the rescue center to ask you a number of questions to ensure you are ready to adopt a golden retriever. They will work with you and consider:
- Whether your lifestyle will permit you to care for and spend quality time with a pet?
- Whether you are prepared for the financial burden of caring for a dog for the next 10-15 years, including food, veterinary bills, and so forth?
- Whether you have the facilities to keep a large dog like a golden retriever?
If you are a suitable candidate, they will then work with you to find the most suitable dog from the shelter for you to adopt.
Dont worry rescues will not place dangerous dogs, such as dogs that bite, in your home.
PRO TIP: If youre looking to adopt a Golden Retriever then you might want to talk to breeders. A reputable breeder will require the people who buy their puppies to return them if for any reason they are unable to continue caring for them. Reputable breeders will sometimes have dogs they are willing to adopt out.
Without further adieu. Heres our list of Golden Retriever rescues by state:
Best Golden Retriever Rescues In New York State
Highly trainable, friendly, and active, golden retrievers make awesome pets to people of all ages and families with children. Medium to large in size, these athletic and energetic dogs need a lot of exercise to stay healthy and in good shape.
Whether you are interested in adopting or fostering a golden retriever, you are probably wondering what are the best golden retriever rescues in New York state. Furthermore, most of these rescues are always looking for helping hands and you can always sign up to be a volunteer and help find homes for goldens in need.
Without further ado, here are some golden retriever rescues in New Your state you have to check out!
Read Also: What Is An English Style Golden Retriever
About New York State Retriever Rescue
New York State Retriever Rescue, Inc is a not for profit 501c organization comprised of a network of volunteers. These devoted individuals are dedicated to locating homes for retrievers in need that represent the kind nature and spirit commonly associated with Labrador and Golden Retrievers: affability, gentleness and a peaceful, loving temperament. The organization also offers services to those who are unable to care for their dog. Our mission is to provide veterinary care for any and all dogs prior to being placed in loving homes.
Top Picks For Our Puppies
Check out more of our favorites on our New Puppy Checklist.
You May Like: How Do You Draw A Golden Retriever
Surrendering Your Precious Pet
There are times in our lives when making the best decision can be the most difficult. Please understand that here at Golden Retriever Rescue of Mid Florida we are dedicated to helping you through the process of surrendering your pet. We know this decision can be heartbreaking, but we will provide your golden with the best veterinary care, fosters to love them and a multiple step process for ensuring your golden gets the best home possible.
If you have decided to reach out to GRRMF, please .
Golden Retriever Rescue Groups
- Territory Serviced: Gulf Coast of Mississippi, Alabama, & Florida Inland To: Montgomery & Birmingham, Alabama, Jackson, Mississippi and Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Tennessee Valley Golden Retriever Rescue in TN
- Heartland Golden Retriever Rescue in TN
- Southern Bayou Golden Retriever Rescue in FL
- Territory Serviced: Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky
- (Located in Germantown, TN. Serving beyond West Tennessee and the Memphis Area into portions of Arkansas, Mississippi, and even Louisiana.
- Territory serviced: Ventura County and southern Santa Barbara County, California
- Territory Serviced: Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island
- Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc. Territory Serviced: Eastern Pennsylvania New York New Jersey Maryland Delaware
- Also See Maryland and Virginia
- G.R.E.A.T. Rescue of NE FL, Inc. Territory Served: Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Lake City and Fernandina Beach
- Territory Served: Charlotte County as well as bordering communities along the Gulf Coast of Florida
- Southern Bayou Golden Retriever Rescue
You May Like: Golden Retriever Purina
A Lasting Golden Legacy
A legacy today provides a lifetime of tomorrows for our retrievers.
As we celebrate our 30th anniversary, we ask that you celebrate both our past and our future with us in one of two ways.
1. Consider gifting GRRMF either in your will or as part of a living trust. Known as a charitable bequest, this gift serves as a lasting legacy in your name, in your honor and is easy to set up. Simply name GRRMF as a beneficiary as you would a person and let your estate planning advisor assist you when preparing your will or trust.
2. Because 2021 is our own Golden Legacy Year, we ask that you consider making a special Legacy donation in honor of our medical/behavioral programs, our new Hearts of Gold program or our forever home Sanctuary program to see your donation dollars at work.
Historically, and on current trend again this year, we invest over $200,000 in medical and behavior support care for dogs arriving in our rescue. We would not be able to achieve the rehabilitation success of these precious dogs without your support.
Our Hearts of Gold Therapy team, launched in 2019 as another GRRMF community service program, visit such diverse facilities as schools and universities, seniors residences and nursing homes, providing gentle support to anyone in need of comfort and reassurance.
Please use our legal name, address and federal tax ID number:Golden Retriever Rescue of Mid-Florida, Inc.P.O. Box 1449
Is There A Golden Retriever Rescue
There are countless breed-specific golden retriever rescues across the state that take in and care for only purebred golden retrievers and their mixes. If you are looking to welcome a golden retriever into your home, contact your local shelter or breed-specific rescue groups to see if they have any goldens available for adoption.
If you take this route, you will need to fill out adoption papers, pass the home visit, and wait for a rescue to pair you with a perfect dog.
Keep in mind that most rescues have adoption fees and that you will have to pay something before taking the dog home. However, the cost of adoption is much lower than the cost of purchasing a golden retriever from a breeder, so youll end up saving some money.
Recommended Reading: Golden Retriever Puppies Southern California
Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue
The Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue is a non-profit organization located in Plainview, New York.
Operated solely by volunteers, this organization is dedicated to improving the lives of golden retrievers that were neglected, abandoned, or abused by their owners. This group also provides services to owners who cant continue to take care of their goldens.
The Long Island Golden Retriever Rescue provides veterinary care and loving forever homes to all golden retrievers, from puppies to seniors. The best thing about this rescue is that they have been involved in several international rescue operations.
If youre interested in adopting a golden from this rescue, know that instead of an adoption fee youll be asked to pay a donation. At this time, donations start at $250 for senior golden retrievers and go up to $800 for puppies under six-months or international dogs.
Why Should You Adopt
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you’ll have a friend for life.
What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder?
When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes.
So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.
Don’t Miss: Best Golden Retriever Breeders In The Northeast